Mar. 23, 2017
Senior Development Engineer
Philippines - Central Visayas - Cebu City
- Plan, process, and perform all tasks in an efficient manner with minimal assistance from team lead or project manager.
- Analyze system specifications and translate those to technical detailed designs.
- Work on programs of high difficulty level that requires complex logic and computations.
- Investigate source code reliability, efficiency, security, and maintainability and design solutions to problematic programming to produce a more cost-effective system.
- Utilize tools and equipment involved in performance of essential functions of programming.
- Respond promptly and professionally to bug reports.
- Provide assistance to testers and support junior developers, as needed.
- Conduct software estimation and create corresponding project proposals based on business needs of a prospective client.
- Do presentations to customer, upper management and/or professional peers.
- Research and recommend software development tools to management.
- Prepare reports and analyses setting forth progress, adverse trends and appropriate recommendations or conclusions.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor's/College Degree , Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- At least five (5) years experience as a developer (experience as a lead developer is a plus).
- At least four (4) years experience using Java-based frameworks and technologies.
- At least two (2) years experience in using UML designs and similar modelling techniques.
- Mobile or cloud development experience is a plus.
- Experience in development using AngularJS, jQuery, Struts, Hibernate or similar technologies/frameworks.
- Ability to research, understand and use unfamiliar programming languages quickly.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team of junior developers.
- Ability to identify tasks which require automation and recommend solutions to make repetitive work faster.
- Capable to work closely with management team in evaluating current systems and make decisions on future development.
- Japanese language skill (atleast N3 level Passer) preferred.
- 1 Full-Time position available.